1.1 These terms and conditions govern Suzuki's Genuine Service Program (Program).
1.2 Subject to clause 6.1 Suzuki reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time without notice. Suzuki will publish the amended terms and conditions on www.suzuki.com.au which will take immediate effect for any services booked after the date of publication.
2. The Program
Under this Program eligible vehicles are entitled to obtain a Standard Scheduled Service for the price published on our website which is valid for the day of enquiry. You will not pay more for your standard scheduled service at the time of your service booking is confirmed by your Suzuki Dealer. The program is valid for up to five (5) years or 100,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first) subject to these terms and conditions.
3. What is covered?
Only services set out in the "Inspection and Maintenance for Normal Operating Conditions" Schedule contained in the “Warranty and Service Record Booklet” for the eligible vehicle (Standard Scheduled Services) are covered under the Program. This includes all items listed for each Standard Scheduled Service as set out in the “Warranty and Service Record Booklet” including, but not limited to, inspection and adjustment of all items listed and genuine Suzuki parts, labour and fluids required for each Standard Scheduled Service.
4. What is not covered?
4.1 Additional service/repair items which are not specifically listed for each Standard Scheduled Service in the “Warranty and Service Record Booklet” are not included in the Program. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Normal wear and tear items requiring additional maintenance (e.g. fuses, brake pad replacement, wiper blades, batteries, wheel alignment correction, tyres);
- Fluids or additives (other than those specifically listed for each Standard Scheduled Service in the “Warranty and Service Record Booklet”);
- Accident damage to the body, chassis or driveline components; and
- Additional maintenance and repairs recommended by your servicing Participating Suzuki Dealer to suit your driving needs.
4.2 The Participating Suzuki Dealer carrying out the Standard Scheduled Service will advise you and request your consent if any additional service/repair items which are not covered under the Program are required to your vehicle and the amount you will be required to pay prior to the additional service/repair items being undertaken.
5. Where can a Suzuki Genuine Scheduled Service be carried out?
Only at any participating Suzuki Australia authorised Dealer located in Australia (Participating Suzuki Dealers). Standard Scheduled Services carried out by non-authorised Suzuki Dealers are not covered under this Program.
6. What is the service price for each Standard Scheduled Service?
6.1 The maximum price payable for a Standard Scheduled Service is published on our website and is valid for the day of enquiry. You will not pay more for your standard scheduled service at the time of your service booking is confirmed by your Suzuki Dealer.
6.2 Any changes to the work required or pricing of the Suzuki Genuine Service Program will be reflected on Suzuki's website at www.suzuki.com.au.
7. Which Suzuki vehicles are eligible?
7.1 The Program applies to all Suzuki vehicles originally purchased from a Participating Suzuki Dealer that are registered for the first time after 1st September 2022, except for those vehicles listed at 7.2 below.
7.2 The following vehicles are not eligible for the Program:
- vehicles used at any time as rental vehicles (save for those vehicles which are rented from Participating Suzuki Dealers used in the Service Departments);
- "grey import" Suzuki branded vehicles (namely, Suzuki vehicles not imported into Australia by Suzuki Australia Pty Ltd or Suzuki Auto. Co);
- a vehicle registered at any time as a Local, State or Commonwealth Government Fleet vehicle;
- vehicles which have undergone any form of modification, including vehicles that have been fitted with any non-genuine Suzuki parts; and
- any Suzuki diesel powered vehicle.
7.3 For the avoidance of doubt, the Program is assigned to a vehicle and not the owner. A vehicle which complies with the eligibility requirements specified in these terms and conditions will remain eligible for the Program despite any lawful transfer of ownership.
8. When does the Program become effective and when does it cease?
The Program becomes effective from the original registration of warranty date for the eligible vehicle as recorded in the relevant “Warranty and Service Record Booklet” (Booklet) (or if the customer is unable to locate the Booklet, the original registration of warranty date as recorded in Suzuki's records) and ceases the earlier of:
- the performance of all Standard Scheduled Services covered under the Program; and
- the expiry of 60 months from the original registration of warranty date or 100,000kms (whichever occurs first).
9. When should a Standard Scheduled Service be carried out?
9.1 Subject to section 10 below, servicing under the Program is to be carried every 12 months or earlier if vehicle has travelled 15,000kms (10,000kms for turbo models). These are the "Service Due Dates" and are the same as the recommended service intervals set out in the “Warranty and Service Record Booklet” for the eligible vehicle.
9.2 It is your responsibility to ensure that each Standard Scheduled Service contained in the “Warranty and Service Record Booklet” for your Suzuki vehicle is carried out according to the specified service intervals. If you miss a Standard Scheduled Service, additional work may be required by the Participating Suzuki Dealer at the next Standard Scheduled Service at an additional cost to you.
10. When can I claim each of the Genuine Service Program Scheduled Services?
10.1 Suzuki Genuine Service Program Scheduled Services can only be claimed for services that are carried out within the service claim periods set out at 10.2 below.
10.2 The service claim period for each Scheduled Service under the Program is:
- up to 2 months prior to the Service Due Date; and
- up to 2 months or 2,000km after the Service Due Date (whichever occurs first)
10.3 You can arrange a Genuine Service Scheduled Service by contacting a Participating Suzuki Dealer and booking in your vehicle for a Standard Scheduled Service to take place within the service claim period set out above.
10.4 When the applicable service claim period for a specific Standard Scheduled Service expires, or you have claimed the Standard Scheduled Service for that service claim period, you will no longer be able to claim the “Genuine Price” for that particular Standard Scheduled Service listed in the relevant Australian Supplement of the Owner's Manual. The next Genuine Standard Scheduled Service will then be available in the applicable service claim period for that service (although you may have additional costs as a result of missing a Standard Scheduled Service).
10.5 It is your responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is serviced within the required service claim period.
10.6 Missing a Standard Scheduled Service, prolonged time between Standard Scheduled Services and/or not adhering to the applicable service claim periods, means you will relinquish the total number of Standard Scheduled Services available under the Program and you may have to pay additional costs when you next undertake a Standard Scheduled Service.
If a service is completed later than the specified date, the next service will be required to be carried out sooner, to re-align the service program.
10.7 Suzuki recommends that you adhere to the recommended Standard Scheduled Services as set out in the “Warranty and Service Record Booklet” for the eligible vehicle to ensure you obtain the maximum benefit available under the Program.
10.8 Regular servicing of your Suzuki vehicle is important in order to maintain your vehicle’s optimal operating performance.
11. Can a Genuine Standard Scheduled Service under the Program be transferred?
No, a Genuine Standard Scheduled Service cannot be transferred to any other Suzuki vehicle and remains with the eligible Suzuki vehicle for the duration of the Program regardless of ownership.
12. Can I obtain a refund/credit/discount for any Standard Scheduled Services that I miss or which are not performed under the Program towards the remaining services?
No. Customers are not entitled to any refunds, credits or discounts for any Standard Scheduled Service under the Program which has lapsed, been relinquished or are otherwise not performed by a Participating Suzuki Dealer with the applicable service claim period. It is your responsibility to ensure that all Standard Scheduled Services are carried out in compliance with the service claim periods specified under the Program.
Any questions in relation to the Program and these terms and conditions can be directed to Suzuki Customer Care on 1800 777 088 or https://www.suzuki.com.au/enquiry.